Monday, June 30, 2008

Lake Trip


We went to Lake Martin this weekend with Melanie and Sam. On the way we came across a confederate cemetery, so we stopped. The boys were scared, so they stayed in the car while Melanie and I went and walked around it. It was cool but creepy. When we got to Alexander City we went to Big B's BBQ, which was fantabulous. We didn't even get BBQ....we got cheese burgers. We took it to the house and ate it on the porch. After we ate, the boys wanted to watch a movie. The house had a television but no cable, so we brought our DVD player that I dropped a couple of weeks ago. I knew that the door wouldn't open on it, but I didn't know if it could be fixed so we brought it anyway. After Matt dissected it, he managed to force the door open and put a DVD in it. It sounded like a helicopter taking off, but somehow it worked. The boys watched Tommy boy while Melanie and I went to the grocery store.

Saturday we realized that the flat bottomed boat that Sam thought that we could carry to the water was really a big boat on a trailer. We had no way to get the boat in the water because we didn't have a truck with us. Matt and Sam ended up renting a boat to go fishing while Melanie and I floated in the lake all day. The best part of the day was when I threw a handful of smelly green mossy stuff in Melanie's face. She tried to throw it back at me but it wasn't as funny. We made a fire and cooked hot dogs and roasted marshmallows that night. We came back in and watched another movie that Matt and Sam wanted to watch. After that, Melanie and I wanted to watch a movie, but the DVD player made a noise and died after about 30 minutes so we all just went to bed. Sunday we came home. Fun times were had by all.

No comments: