At the dove shoot(Ava sporting my latest sewing project)
standing up
sweet grin
my loveI took Ava to the doctor yesterday for her 6 month check up. She weighed 17lbs and 12oz. She is getting so big! She had to get 4 more shots, and it's still so hard to watch. She had the most pitiful cry. She was fine after I picked her up. I think that she remembered it though, because when I laid her down and the lady and I stood over her she got the most awful expression on her face. It broke my heart! She has been coughing, so I told Dr. Bill about it and he looked in her ears and said that she had a small ear infection. She hasn't been fussy, so I don't guess that it has bothered her. He gave me a prescription for some drops to give her, so hopefully that will clear it up. Dr. Bill always takes a long time because he spends so long with all of his patients, but she was so good the whole time. She fell asleep while we were waiting for the shot lady to come in. We have to go back in a month for more shots.
Ava is now pulling herself up with no help. She will just stand there and grin with the cutest little grin. She is also getting on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth. As soon as she figures out how to move, we are in for it. I need to start baby proofing everything now! She can also roll over on her side from her stomach and sit herself up. I can't believe how fast she learns things. Dr. Bill even commented on how inquisitive she is. It seems like every day she is doing something new. It is so fun to watch her grow. I am just trying to enjoy every second because it is passing by so quickly. Where has 6 months gone?!?!



No comments:
Post a Comment