Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Announcements and The Beach



We went to the beach a couple of weeks ago, but I'm just now getting my pictures on my computer so that I can put them on here. We went with my immediate family including husbands and children(Brady)and my aunt Marsha and a family friend, Peanut. Matt and I took off all day on the 14th because we had our first appointment to my doctor that morning and we left for the beach about 1:00 that afternoon. We had a car full. Me, Matthew, Sam, Melanie, and Lydia all rode together. Us three girls rode in the back, and I had some flash backs of when we were younger and all riding together. We didn't argue quite as much as we did back then though. We got down to Panama City around 5:30. At this point Matt and I had not told anyone about the baby because we wanted to wait until after our first appointment to tell everyone. Matt and I decided to tell my family by getting everyone together for a picture, but really taking video as Matt announces it. I thought for sure since we got there at a decent time that we would be able to do it that night, but of course that didn't happen. We were only in one room with everyone for about 10 minutes and then Mom wanted to take Brady to the pool. Mom said that she was only going to stay down there about 30 minutes, so I thought that we could do it when they got back. Well, then Marsha wanted to go to the beach to watch the sunset. Everyone decided to go down there too, but we didn't want to do it down there because the ocean would be too loud to hear the audio on the camera. When everyone got back to the room Lydia and Mom went to put Brady to bed. Before they got back Melanie decided to go to bed. I never thought that it would be so hard to get everyone together. I knew that we would all be together in the morning because we were going to rent a pontoon boat and go to shell island. I decided to just do it then. The next morning, we were running late of course so when I told everyone that I wanted to take a picture, I got some push back. I just made a sad face and said please and they shut up. I decided to just get all of the women together because men don't react to stuff like that anyway(watch my dad in the video and you'll see what I mean). When we finally got everyone in a huddle and Matthew started the video, my dad disappeared. Matthew said "everyone smile at Angela's ultrasound" and everybody just stood there for a second. After it registered, they all started crying(even Lydia) and hugging me. Poor Brady was scared because he didn't know what was going on. My dad walked in shortly after that and I walked over to him and showed him the ultrasound picture. His reaction was classic. After all of the excitement, we went to the pontoon boat place and loaded up. We went out to shell island and hung out a little while until everyone decided it was too hot to sit out there any longer. When we were pulling the boat out, we saw a dolphin in front of the boat. Daddy cut the boat off and the dolphin came right up to the side of our boat and stuck his head out of the water. I guess that he realized that we didn't have any food, so he swam away. It was awesome to see one so close out in the wild. After that, we ate lunch on the boat and rode around a little while. We found a cool little sand bar that was about 50 yards long and anchored out there. We stayed there for a while then went back in. We went out to eat that night at a seafood buffet. I didn't eat any seafood, but they had other things I could eat. It was yummy. The next morning it was raining when we woke up, so I was afraid we would be stuck inside all day. It cleared up around 11 so a couple of us went to the beach. We laid around the rest of the day at the beach. We ate in the room that night and just hung out. Sunday morning we went home. It was great to get away for a couple of days, and it was especially great to tell everyone our good news. Sunday night we went to tell Matt's family the news. We gave David and Ginger a sweet poem in a frame. Ginger started crying immediately and David started laughing and smiling from ear to ear. Lacey and Michael didn't seem too surprised, but they were excited too. Unfortunately, Jana and Baker weren't in town, so we had to call them the next day. Here's what the poem said:

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss.
I don't yet have a name.

Not yet can you hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.

But all that will change come this March;
When they say I am due.
I am your first grandchild;
And I can't wait until I meet you!

All I ask between now and then
Is your love for me to grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait;
Just think of all the joy we'll know!

So as you're waiting patiently,
Please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family!

2 comments:

jan dyle said...

OBVIOUSLY THIS IS AN AWESOME POST. I LOVE THE NEW DETAIL IN THE BACKGROUND. AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, I AM SOOOOOO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU AND MATT. TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF LADY.
JAN

Lindsay Jackson said...

I am so happy for you guys! Of course I've known for a while you're expecting, but today was the first time I'd read some of your blog, and that poem and watched the announcement video - made me cry while sitting here at work! :)

I can't wait to read more updates. Love you guys!
Lindsay (Allen) Jackson (your cousin, haha)