Thursday, August 21, 2008

News Flash!!!



I haven't posted in a while because I haven't really had anything to post about. That has all changed!!! I am proud to announce that Matthew and I are expecting our fist baby!!! We have known for about 5 weeks, but we wanted to wait until we went to the doctor to tell anyone or put it on here. It feels so good to let it out in the open. If you have read my previous blogs and have read the one from June 19th, you know that we were successful on our first try. I apparently got pregnant only a week after that post. We took our fist pregnancy test on July 8th. It only showed a faint second line, so I wasn't convinced. We took another test on the 12th and it was a definite positive. We had to wait another month for our doctors visit on August 14th, which was a very long wait. The doctor said that I was 8 weeks and 5 days along, which is only one day off from what I was thinking. He said that everything looked fine and to come back in a month. We saw the baby and heard the heartbeat on an ultrasound. It was the sweetest moment ever!! My due date is March 21, 2009. Now we are anxiously waiting for our next appointment on September 11th. I can't even begin to express how very blessed we feel. Please keep us in your prayers as we begin this journey. We are going to need help from friends and family and most of all God. I know that there will be difficult times along the way, but I know that God will walk with us every step of the way.

No comments: