Blog Archive
Monday, July 21, 2008
Saturday
We had an eventful Saturday. I scheduled 4 different painting companies to come out and look at our living room and dining room to give us a quote, but only one showed up. The first one called and woke me up and said that he was able to come earlier than he thought, so I had to get up and get some clothes on. He seemed nice and reliable, but I told Matt that he would be expensive and he was. The next guy was supposed to call me about 11:00 to let me know he was on the way, but he never called. The next guy was supposed to come around 2:00...no show. The last guy did call and say that he needed some directions while my cell phone was in my car, but it was about 8:30 before I got the message, so he said he would come Tuesday night. We'll see if he calls again. It blows my mind how these people operate. They are only in business to make money, and they don't make money unless they work, but it's like pulling teeth to get anyone to do anything when it comes to construction stuff. Anyway...after the first guy came and the second guy never called we went down the street to help Joel and Amy move in. They had a lot of help, so it only took about 30 minutes to unload it all. I'm so glad that they are so close now. After everything was unloaded, they all wanted to go and eat lunch. My mom called me as we were walking back to our house and said that they were going to the river to test out the boat and asked me if I wanted to go. Matthew had to study for his CCNA test and I would be bored, so I decided to go. We got the boat in the water pretty easily and all got on and took off with no problems. We were riding along for a couple of minutes when I looked back and saw daddy grinning like an opossum. He was loving it. About that time the boat totally quit. I thought that he was just playing with it at first, but then he said "that's not good" so I knew that something was wrong. Mom jumped in the water because she got hot. He got it cranked back up, but it died again when he put it at full throttle again. He figured out that it wouldn't quit if he didn't put it at full throttle, so we cruised around for a while going a little slower. It eventually quit again, so he decided to take it home so that we wouldn't get stranded. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. We went back to the house and sat around for a while. It was a fairly eventful day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment