Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Zoo


Me holding a little rabbit



A Black Racer



Matt playing with the Black Racer




A cute frog

Our screened in porch tends to capture a plethora of animals that can't get out because we have to leave the door open so that Oz can get in and out. We have found a rabbit, a snake, a chipmunk, several frogs, many different kinds of birds, butterflies, and other various things. The birds get caught pretty often. I left some birds out there one time thinking that they would find their way, but they were dead when I got back home so I always set them free now. They always seem to be in pairs. I have to make a contraption out of a blanket and brooms. I tie rubber bands around the broom handles on two corners of the blanket to make a net. I hold it up in the air and trap them between the blanket and the screen. Then I grab them through the blanket and take them to the door and let them go. Hummingbirds are the worst to get out because they are so fast. The chipmunk actually ran in the house. We had the back door open because it was so pretty outside. We were taking our Sunday afternoon nap when we heard Ozzy and Morris tear through the house one after the other. We woke up and found a chipmunk cornered behind the refrigerator. We managed to get it out the garage somehow and went back inside. The chipmunk ran around the house and back through the back door. I never would have believed it if I didn't see it. Anyway....here are a couple of pictures of our creatures.

No comments: